Dr. Aravind Ramkumar
Dr.Aravind Ramkumar is an experienced Cancer Surgeon and serves as a Consultant in Surgical Oncology at Columbia Asia Hospitals, Bangalore. He completed his MBBS from Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University, Chidambaram. He is the recepient of over 10 awards during his MBBS. Amongst that he was awarded the prestigious Dr. S G Rajarathinam award for best outgoing student in overall performance in the state of Tamil Nadu. He also received the Pfizer award for outstanding performance in the final examninations for the degree of MBBS conducted by Annamalai University.
He pursued Post Graduation in General Surgery at Railway Hospital, Chennai and won the Dr. B Ramamurthy Gold Medal for the Final examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations. He also completed the course and examinations for the MRCS Edinburgh .
After working as a registrar, he secured admission to the Mch Surgical Oncology course in Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai and was awarded the Prof. M Snehalatha Endowmwment Gold Medal for best performance in the Mch examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University in August 2007.
He partook training in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Cachar Cancer Institute, Assam and briefly worked for a Mission Hospital in his hometown, Tiruchirappalli. He seized the oppurtunity to help establish a Department of Surgical Oncology at JIPMER, Puducherry and served initially as Assistant and later as Associate Professor there. He was involved in PG teaching,research projects and clinical work at JIPMER. During his tenure, he undertook a six month certified training in Thoracic Surgical Oncology at the prestigious Tata memorial Hospital, Mumbai and also undertaken courses in Microvascular Surgery , Head and Neck Reconstruction and Minimal Access Surgery.
Since July 2014, he serves as a Consultant in Surgical Oncology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore as part of the Saptagiri Group for Specialty Surgery.
He has experience in most cancer surgeries and a special interest in Minimally Invasive Surgery for Cancer, Sentinel Node Biopsy, Peritonectomy and HIPEC for advanced abdominal cancer, Multimodality management of Esophageal cancer, and microvascular reconstruction.
- Breast oncology
- Genecological oncology
- Thoracic oncology - Esophageal, lung and mediastinal tumors
- Gastrointestinal oncology
- Head & Neck oncology and microvascular reconstruction
- CRS and HIPEC for peritoneal carcinomatosis
- Sentinel node biospy
- Limb salvage surgery for musculo skeletal tumors
Total Experience: 14 years
- Registrar - Department Of Surgicsal Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chennai
- Mch Surgical Oncology Resident, Department Of Surgical Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chennai
- Assistant Professor, Department Of Surgical Oncology, Cancwer Institute, Chennai
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist, CSI Mission General Hospital, Trichy
- Assistant Professor, Department Of Surgical Oncology, JIPMER
- Associate Professor, Department Of Surgical Oncology, JIPMER
- Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University
- Southern Railway Headquarters Hospita, Chennai
- Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
- Cancer Institute, Chennai
- Association Of Minimal Access Surgeons Of India
- Certified In Thoracic Surgical Oncology Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai