Dr. Arjun Srivatsa
Dr. Arjun Srivatsa is the Senior Consultant, Neurosurgery, Columbia Asia Hospitals and has been consulting at the Yeshwanthapur and Hebbal Units of the hospital in Bangalore. Dr. Arjun Srivatsa is a fulltime neurosurgeon at Columbia Asia Hospital who is involved in the management of a wide variety of neurosurgical cases, including trauma, tumors of the brain, and spinal problems for the past 10 years. He is a diligent and accomplished neurosurgeon who has particularly managed skull base problems, endoscopic discectomies, cervical disc problems, spine tumors, spine trauma, spine disc problems, posterior fossa tumors, supratentorial tumors, transsphenoidal surgery, PLIF (posterior lumbar interbody fusion) surgery, etc. He has also carried out stereotactic surgery and minimal access surgeries with clinical precision. Dr. Arjun Srivatsa has further enriched his neurosurgical skills by attending very many conferences, both in India and abroad. Regarding his work experience - He was the consultant of neurosurgery in Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore for a period of 10 years along with his visiting status at most of the other corporate hospitals like Sagar, HOSMAT, etc. prior to his post at Columbia Asia. He started the department of Neurosurgery at the Hebbal branch in 2006.
As the Chief of Medical Services (Designate) for a period of 2 years (2011-2013) and the Chief of Medical Services for 1 year at the SAKRA World Hospital, Dr. Arjun Srivatsa was part of the process of planning, designing, implementing, and equipping the 300-bedded Sakra World Hospital. During his tenure, he was responsible for putting together the quality manuals of most of the clinical facilities, notably, the blood bank, the laboratory, and radiology, dietetics, etc. He was primarily instrumental in channelizing the medical processes for clinical audits, in modifying the IT system to suit the processes for the patient services, in integrating with the nonclinical departments, driving the morning meetings of the clinical and the nonclinical heads of various departments, in marketing activities for the proposed official launch of the hospital that included public awareness, corporate awareness, and mass publicity campaigns. He was actively involved in the day-day administration of the hospital and the recruitment process of the clinicians. After graduating from the Karnataka Medical College, Karnataka University, India, in 1990, Dr. Srivatsa pursued DNB (Neurosurgery), and obtained the Diplomate of National Board (Neurosurgery) from the renowned VHS Medical Center, Adyar, Chennai, in 1995, under the mentorship of Dr. B. Ramamurthy (Father of Indian Neurosurgery ), and then moved to Bangalore (his hometown) to practice.
- Spine Surgery: Trained in anterior and posterior instrumentation of spine in spondylolisthesis, tuberculosis, and trauma with special emphasis on minimally invasive spine surgery
- Brain Disorders: Trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasms, other tumors of the brain: both primary and revision surgeries.
Total Experience: 20 years
- Fulltime Neurosurgeon at the Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore - 1996-2006 (10 years)
- Fulltime Neurosurgeon at the Columbia Asia Hospital Yeshwanthpur and Hebbal Units - 2006-Till Date (10 years)
- Chief of Medical Services (CMS) Designate, Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore - 2011-2013
- Chief of Medical Services (CMS), Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore - 2013
- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- KIMS, Hubli