Dr. Govind Nandakumar
Dr Govind Nandakumar is the Chief of Gastrointestinal Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospitals in BangaloreDr. Govind specializes in various modalities of Gastrointestinal surgery including Robotic Surgery and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) treatment for abdominal cancers.After completing his MD from the esteemed Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York in 2004, he specialized further, completing residency in General Surgery at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell in June, 2009. He pursued Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Washington University and underwent advanced training in management of Upper Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPB) Oncology.After a highly successful stint in the US, Dr Govind has returned to India and joined Columbia Asia Hospitals. The “Integrated Digestive and Liver Care Program” is a result of his clinical expertise and the vision shared by him and the hospital.
- Laparoscopic surgery including SILS
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery for diseases affecting the liver, esophagus and stomach,
- Colorectal surgery for diseases of the colon, rectum and anal canal
- Surgical oncology
- HIPEC treatment
For his outstanding work, Dr. Govind has received numerous prestigious awards including:
- Leading Health Professionals of the World - 2013
- Hassan Nama Chief Resident Teaching Award 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha Resident Teaching Award, Cornell Chapter 2005
- University of Michigan: Dean’s List, Golden Key National Honor Society
Total Experience: More than 11 years
Dr Govind comes from a family of renowned surgeons and has been an academician par excellence in his field. He has excelled in various roles viz.
- Surgical Director Inherited Colon Cancer Registry CADC, New York Hospital;
- Course Director Center for Advanced Digestive Care Conference at Weill Cornell Medical College, and
- Medical Board Member at Michael’s Mission.
Dr Govind has been associated with organizations who work in the field of cancer and contributed as a faculty as well as an author, sharing his experience with doctors and researchers alike.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgeons