Dr. Guruprasad Hosurkar
Dr. Guruprasad Hosurkar is the Consultant of Neurology in Columbia Asia Hospital. He joined Columbia Asia in 2008, and since 8 years, he has been consulting both at the Yeshwanthapur and Hebbal units of the hospital. Dr. Guruprasad has been instrumental in starting a “Movement Disorders and Parkinson’s Disease Clinic,” in Columbia Asia Hospital, where he has successfully managed many patients with movement disorders and spasticity for almost 7 years. He has handled these cases with a great degree of compassion and diligence and to the greatest satisfaction of his patients.
Since joining Columbia Asia Hospital, Dr. Guruprasad has been actively involved in setting up the “Stroke Unit.” Along with his team, he has not only managed innumerable patients with stroke issues but has been closely involved in the monitoring of the intra-arterial, intravenous, and mechanical thrombolysis (depending on the patient requirement) with great success and favorable clinical outcomes. He has many memberships from various neurological academies and has participated in a number of courses, nationally and internationally. He has been a faculty member in neurocritical conferences. As a guest speaker in neurological meetings, both regional and national, he has presented many interesting neurological cases to include temporal arteritis presenting as a stroke, unusual painful syndrome due to TB arachnoditis and myelitis, acute stroke and stroke intervention, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, etc.
- Botulinum toxin injections for various movement disorders and spasticity
- Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders
- Intravenous, intra-arterial, and mechanical thrombolysis for acute stroke patients as well as neurorehabilitation
- Pre-surgical evaluation of refractory epilepsy patients
Total Experience: 12 years
- Worked as a Research Fellow for 6 months in 2001 for the ICASS Stroke Study at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai.
- Consultant Neurologist at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad, from 2004 to 2008
- In-charge of the Movement Disorder Program at Care hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Principal Investigator and Co-investigator at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Currently, Consultant Neurologist at Columbia Asia Referral Hospital, Yeshwantpur, and Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal, Bangalore since 2008
- Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences - Bellary, Karnataka
- Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital - Mumbai
- Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre - Mumbai