Dr. Sumana Kolar Ramachandra
Dr Sumana is a highly qualified and well trained Consultant HPB and Chief of liver transplant at Columbia Asia Referral Hospital Yeshwathpur. She completed her Masters in surgery from St Johns Medical College, Bangalore, did her Surgical Gastroenterology training at Sir Gangaram Hospital - New Delhi and Transplants training in USA. She has vast experience in Vascular Surgery and Trauma, GI and Renal Transplant.
Dr. Sumana has done ASTS Fellowship in Multiorgan Transplant Surgery including Pediatric transplants from Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute at University of Pittsburg Medical Center, she then returned to India and has served as a faculty in Living Donor liver transplant and Complex hepato biliary surgery. Her Research interests include Small for Size grafts in Living Donor liver transplant and surgery for neuroendocrine tumors.
- Multiorgan Transplant Surgery Including Pediatric Transplants
- Living Donor liver Transplantation
- Complex Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
Total Experience: 18 years
- GSt Johns Medical College Hospital, Bangalore
- Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, (UPMC) -Pittsburgh , USA
- Medanta Institute of LiverTransplantation and Regenerative Medicine