Dr. Vidyasagar Ramappa
Dr. Vidyasagar Ramappa is a full time consultant responsible for provision of Gastrointestinal & Liver care including transplant care and Endoscopic services at Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield. He graduated in 1998 and completed his training in Internal Medicine in 2002. Following this he moved to United Kingdom and completed his training in Gastroenterology with the award of MRCP and CCT in Gastroenterology.
His subspecialist interest includes Hepatology including Transplant Hepatology, Inflammatory bowel disease, Intestinal failure and endosonography. After completing his training he took up an endoscopy fellowship at the Nottingham University Hospital and gained a good experience in balloon enteroscopy, video capsule endoscopy, multimodal imaging and chromoendoscopy techniques used in colonoscopy surveillance in Inflammatory bowel disease.
He moved back to Bangalore in 2014 to take up a post as a Consultant in Clinical Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Columbia Asia, Whitefield as a team member of the Integrated Digestive Liver and Cancer Care (IDLCC) program Centre that will provide a range of medical, surgical, endoscopic and supportive services in GI care with the patient at the heart of everything. His current role includes continuing improvements in quality, safety and patient experience in endoscopy in addition to his regular clinical commitments.
He is a member of the Liver Transplant Programme at CA and is responsible for provision of care for patients with acute and chronic liver diseases including pre and post liver transplant care.
- Liver Transplantation
- Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension
- Pancreatobiliary Endoscopy – ERCP
- Endoscopy Training and Medical Education
Total Experience: 12 years
- Advanced Clinical Fellow in Endoscopy and Honorary Consultant - Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham.
- Specialist Registrar (ST7) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham.
- Advanced Clinical Fellow in Transplant Hepatology - Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
- Specialist Registrar (ST6) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Pilgrim Hospital, Boston.
- Specialist Registrar (ST6) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
- Specialist Registrar (ST5) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham.
- Specialist Registrar (ST4) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Kings Mill Hospital, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.
- Specialist Registrar (ST3) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Specialist Registrar (ST3-LAT) in Gastroenterology & Hepatology- Derby City General Hospital, Derby.
- Clinical Fellow in Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield.
- Karnataka University, Dharwad
- RGUHS, Karnataka
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India
- Royal College of Physicians, UK