Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT)
Columbia Asia Hospitals, India has a team of expert doctors that includes a medical oncologist, clinical hematologist, nurses trained specially for stem cell transplant and qualified doctors from allied specialties to provide multi-disciplinary care for Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT). The hospital has state of the art HEPA filtered rooms, ICUs, 24 hour blood bank and radiology services to provide comprehensive care.
This facility has given hope to many cancer patients from India and around the world as this is one among very few hospitals in India to provide both Autologous and Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation.
Salient features of BMT program
- Team headed by expert who underwent fellowship training at General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada, where approximately 75-90 allogeneic transplants and 30-40 autologous transplants were performed annually.
> Gained experience in the pre-transplant evaluation of patients and their donors
> Trained in hematology as a part of DM program at department of hematology, King Edward Hospital
> Expertise in indications and uses of autologous transplantation in acute myelogenous leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, multiple myeloma, hodgkin's disease, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, and solid tumors
- Team has experience of successfully treating patients from countries like Sweden, Nigeria, Kenya and Bangladesh
- The department is equipped with latest top-of-the-line infrastructure to handle bone marrow transplantation
- Each room is supported by separate HEPA filter with triple level air filtration
- Transplants are routinely performed for children as well as adults