Gastroenterology at Columbia Asia Hospitals
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Columbia Asia Hospital has a highly skilled team of Gastroenterologists. The specialty offers a wide range of treatment options to both pediatric and adult patients having liver, esophagus, stomach and intestinal, pancreatic diseases and nutritional problems.
The team has expertise to manage End Stage Liver Disease with work-up for Liver transplant and post Liver Transplant care. A multi-disciplinary team involving medical, surgical and radiological expertise perform procedures like liver transplant, radio frequency ablation (RFA), transjugular intra hepatic porto systemic shunts (TIPS), transjugular liver biopsy and trans-arterial chemotherapy. The department has advanced equipment like high definition endoscopy, capsule endoscopy and full-fledged gastro intestinal physiology lab to diagnose complex diseases including gastrointestinal cancers.
The department of gastroenterology is well supported by round the clock laboratory, blood bank, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Balloon enteroscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Gastro intestinal physiology Lab: manometry –oesophageal and rectal,
- 24 hr esophageal pH recording, hydrogen breath tests and tests for malabsorption.
- Biofeedback therapy for constipation
- Liver Biopsy – routine, transjugular biopsies and hepatic portal vein gradient measurements (HVPG).
- Placement of feeding tubes –gastrostomy (PEG) and jejunostomy tubes.
- Liver transplant
- Radio frequency ablation (RFA)
- Transjugular intra hepatic porto systemic Shunts (TIPS)
- Trans-arterial chemotherapy.
Tags: Gastric Bypass Surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Vertical Banded Gastroplasty, Biliopancreatic Diversion Colonoscopy, Liver Biopsy, Gastroscopy, Biofeedback Therapy, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Balloon Enteroscopy, Liver Transplant In India, Endoscopy