Urology and Kidney Stones Treatment in India
The Department of Urology at Columbia Asia offers a wide range of services for urological diseases. The consultants in the department are highly qualified and experienced in the latest techniques in the field, including LASER surgery and MINIMALLY INVASIVE techniques that enable a patient to return to their normal activity much quicker as compared to conventional techniques. In the last 5 years, the Urology team at Columbia Asia have performed more than 5000 LASER procedures and more than 500 advanced LAPAROSCOPIC procedures at Columbia Asia Hospitals. The department has handled complicated procedures including removal of a 6 cms stone from the kidney and removal of a 350 gm prostate.
Salient features of Urology treatment in India at Columbia Asia Hospitals
- Highly experienced team with more than 20 years of experience in treating urological ailments
- Performed over urological 5000 procedures successfully
- Expertise in ‘100 watt holmium laser’ treatment for treating kidney stones
- In-house state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic equipment available, comparable to the latest technologies installed anywhere in the world.
- Specialize in using holep technique for enlarged prostate & conducts trainings for urologists from across the globe.
- Set up collaborations with government institute in Maldives, Nigeria and Bangladesh
- English speaking doctors/nurses and other staff are capable in dealing with foreign patients.
- International standard healthcare services available at a fraction of what it might cost in Europe/USA
- Columbia Asia Hospital’s advanced minimally invasive laparoscopic urology provides several advantages over the traditional open surgery like; lesser pain and blood loss, fewer complications, lesser scarring, shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery, lesser risk of infection, lesser chances of damaging health tissues and nerves that are involved in urinary control and sexual function, faster return to potency and continence, amongst others.